ON MAY 5, I ASK THAT YOU RE-ELECT ME AS YOUR MAYOR …
Thank you for allowing me the honor and privilege of serving as your Mayor the last four years. During that time, the citizens of Hampton have been served by two great Councils, who have worked together to make Hampton the “best Hampton it can be.”
IN THE PAST FOUR YEARS AS YOUR MAYOR, I HAVE …
- Researched and implemented initiatives to reduce gun violence in our City
- Supported local and regional economic development, resiliency and transit initiatives that included prioritizing the expansion of the HRBT
- Supported educational and employment opportunities for Hampton’s youth and young adults
- Nurtured relationships with our federal and institutional partners: LAFB, NASA, VAMC, Ft. Monroe National Monument & Hampton University
- Instituted quarterly “Town Hall” and “Business Roundtable” meetings.
MY OBJECTIVES FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS ARE …
- Continue efforts to reduce the level of serious crime in Hampton
- Focus on improving housing stock and infrastructure in our City’s older neighborhoods
- Continue support of our schools
- Increase support for existing businesses and efforts to attract new businesses
- Continue extensive interactions with residents and to seek citizen input on major projects.
A MESSAGE FOR HAMPTON VOTERS FROM MAYOR DONNIE TUCK